Monday, October 6, 2014

comfy & chic
















[top: Forever21 // pants: H&M // boots: Franco Sarto // scarf: Cushy Company]

I love all things comfortable - blankets, PJs, comfort foods, etc. When I think of comfort, I think of warmth… like sitting-by a-fire-wrapped-up-in-a-blanket-with-a-cup-of-tea sort of thing. There's nothing like it! And so, comfort is an important factor for me in determining what I'll wear each morning. BUT, I do think there's a fine line between being comfy and looking undone, messy, & lazy. "Comfy chic" is what I like to call it - and here's some guidelines I use for achieving it:

1. try on pieces

There's tons of comfy pieces out there - you don't have to throw on a sweatshirt to be comfy. Look for pullovers, loose fitted tops, boyfriend jeans and try them on for the comfort test!

2. add jewelry

Simple is key - a pair of earrings, a bracelet or ring is enough to look put together… like you tried a bit.

3. wear 1 un-comfy thing

Here's the trick - wear one semi uncomfy thing. For me, it's always a pair of booties. This really puts the "chic" in your look. 


Also, comfort for me always includes a scarf/neckwarmer of some sorts. I crochet all of mine [crocheting is my absolute favorite pastime]. I love designing patterns and being creative - and I've made all of them available for you as well! Head on over to www.cushycompany.co [or click on "cushy shop" at the top link bar] to purchase your own. *This specific color will be available shortly. 










No comments:

Post a Comment